2016 Winder Christmas Parade
Downtown Winder on North Broad St.
December 10th starting at 4 p.m.
Join us for a day of fun and excitement! The Winder Christmas Parade has been a tradition for 68 years, and we welcome you, your family and your friends to see a display of hand-crafted and beautifully designed floats, vintage cars, decorated trucks, military vehicles and more. Special guest appearances by Santa and Mrs. Claus, and after the parade, head to the gazebo for pictures with Christmas’ favorite couple.
Holiday Ice Rink
Downtown Winder Gazebo Park
North Broad Street
Winder, GA 30680
5342 Tilly Mill Rd Atlanta, GA
November 5th – 20th
Atlanta’s Book Festival of the MJCCA is a huge literary event spanning fifteen days and featuring authors, celebrities, journalists and scholars. There are multiple opportunities for book lovers to interact with authors including panel discussions, meet and greets, book signings and readings. Gallery exhibitions showcase work from solo artists as well as touring shows from a national network of galleries and museums. There are several activities for children and teens, too, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Atlanta Christkindl Market
1380 Atlantic Dr NW Atlanta, GA
December 2nd – 24th
Let yourself be enchanted by the special outdoor atmosphere of the ATLANTA CHRISTKINDL MARKET – the city’s first and largest winter holiday festival at Atlantic Station.
Meet and mingle with your family & friends at the traditional German Christkindl Market. Come and enjoy authentic German food and beverages in a festive atmosphere. Also find great holiday gifts for your beloved ones.
1380 Atlantic Dr
Atlanta, GA 30363
Santa’s here! Come meet the jolly ol’ man in his cottage in Central Park! Santa will be visiting throughout the holiday season, leading up to his final visit on Christmas Eve. Children of all ages are welcome to share their holiday cheer and have their picture taken!
Ugly Sweater Run
December 3, 2016
- Dig out the best/ugliest/most original holiday sweater you can possibly find (or make one!)
- You can also find the perfect ugly sweater at UglyChristmasSweater.com! Use the promo code SweaterRun for 10% off!
- Grab your friends and your running shoes
- Buy a ticket for your entry to the best holiday party of the year
- Come prepared at the start line to Put the Elf in Selfie! Run a 5k, take the best holiday photo of the year, shoot marshmallow guns, ride a mechanical reindeer, play in some fake snow, hang out in a life size snow globe, enjoy a complimentary Kahlúa cocktail (21+) and so much more!
Ice Holiday Market
December 11th, 11 a.m – 6 p.m.
Join us for our last minute, intimate holiday shopping event with 50+ amazing handcrafted vendors! The first 150 attendees will receive a swag bag designed by Atlanta-artist Native Bear. There will also be delicious, local food vendors and DJ Zano!
This post is sponsored by Akins Dodge Jeep Chrysler.