I always like to try new recipes, and when I found this Thai Crispy Chicken, I had to give it my own twist. This is now a family favorite (especially with my teens). This is a quick and easy weeknight meal – and its great for leftovers for lunch at work the next day! For a family I would recommend doubling the recipe listed below.
- 2 Chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp broth
- 1 Tsp ginger
- ½ Tsp cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl combine the peanut butter with the soy sauce, broth, ginger, cumin and turmeric. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken: In a bowl beat the egg with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour with the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, ginger and salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then transfer to the fliru mixture. Toss to coat evenly with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes stirring so the chicken gets evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve over rice with chopped pepper, mint or basil sprigs and a lime wedge.
- I love to cut the chicken as tiny as possible so you get a lot of crispness!
- You can also omit the sauce and the end result is incredibly delicious too. A little bit of sauce goes a long way. You don’t want to drown the chicken in it or it won’t be as crispy.