These zesty game day sliders were a hit with my family! The recipe below is enough for 2 people, but you of course can adjust the recipe to make more for your entire family, or game day crew!
- 12 ounces skirt steak
- 10 ounces bell pepper and onion mix
- 1 ounce pesto
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan
- 4 slider buns
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cook Vegetables: Add 2 teaspoons oil to a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add vegetables, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to wilt and brown (about 10 minutes).
- Cook Steak: While vegetables are cooking, heat a lightly oiled grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Liberally salt and pepper both sides of the steak and place on the hot grill. Cook, turning once, until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove and allow to rest.
- Finish Vegetables: Remove vegetables from heat and stir in pesto.
- Slice Steak: VERY thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- To Serve: Toast buns or not depending on your preference. Top each slider bun with sliced steak, cheese and vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen