- 2 cups white rice
- 1 lb sausage links cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 bell pepper, medium dice
- 3 C water, plus additional if needed
- 4oz can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Dash of Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook sausage until browned in a large pot over med-high heat
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and cook until translucent – about 3 minutes
- Add butter and rice, cook until rice is slightly browned – about 3 minutes
- Slowly water and remaining ingredients, stir to incorporate thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- If you need more water add small amounts as needed. Cook until rice is tender.
- Enjoy! ☺
* Note white rice makes a sticky rice so your rice will be sticky and not fluffy.