Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes | Total: 40 minutes
3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
6 slices of nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 jalapenos, seeded and sliced lengthwise into strips
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup chicken stock
1 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Evenly lay the shredded chicken in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Sprinkle on the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, heavy cream and chicken stock. Mix well until combined. Spread in an even layer over the spiced chicken.
- Add the jalapeno pepper strips over the top of the cream cheese layer – mostly covering the surface.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and place in preheated oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add crumbled bacon. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm.