This recipe will make 12-16 pizza sugar cookies:
2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Wilton candy melts – red
White chocolate bar (I used 1/2 of a 4.4 oz Lindt white chocolate bar), shredded
Red and green M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix till blended.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
6. Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, form 12 balls out of the dough and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for at least 2 hours on a wire rack.
8. Microwave 1/2 cup of the red Wilton candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
9. Spread the melted candy on each sugar cookie.
10. Using a cheese grater, shred the white chocolate bar into a small bowl (to look like pizza cheese).
11. Sprinkle the grated white chocolate on top of each cookie. Be sure to do this step before the red icing completely dries on the cookie or the white chocolate will not stick.
12. Lay red and green M&M’s on top of the shredded white chocolate to resemble pizza ingredients.