Dr. Hobbs’ Top 10 Tips to Boost Immunity
Easy, effective tips & tricks to fight cold/flu season for the entire family!
- Get regular exercise. Regular exercise helps condition resistance to infections by circulating blood and immune cells.
- Practice hydrotherapy. After exercise, get into a cool swimming pool or shower to help circulate surface immunity. Hydrotherapy has been practiced in many cultures for at least 2,000 years to help maintain and restore health.
- Sleep is vital. In one study, the cold virus was swabbed into two groups of volunteers. One group was allowed eight hours sleep, while the other was restricted to less than seven hours. The latter group was three times more likely to contract a respiratory infection (Cohen et al, 2009).
- Address symptoms early. If you start feeling under the weather, try an herbal remedy with herbs researched for immune support (elderberry, andrographis, berberine) like Rainbow Light® Counter Attack™ Immuno-Response to bolster immunity and reduce symptom severity.
- Try adding immune-boosting products and nutrients into your diet.
- Limit sugar and processed foods. These items can have a negative effect on your health, especially when immunity is compromised.
- Incorporate garlic into dishes. Fresh garlic has natural immune-boosting qualities. Try to incorporate it into dishes, particularly if you aren’t feeling well.
- Take a daily multivitamin. It’s difficult to get all of our daily nutrients from food. Fill gaps in your diet through a multivitamin to get what you need for optimal health – Rainbow Light has a great variety of multivitamins for the entire family.
- Drink hot green tea. It contains compounds that help strengthen resistance.
- Get fresh air. Dress warmly and venture outdoors, even if only for a short, brisk walk. The fresh air invigorates and boosts natural defenses.
Dr. Christopher Hobbs, Ph.D., L.Ac., A.H.G., Director at Rainbow Light – With over 30 years of experience in the health space and as a licensed herbalist at Rainbow Light, Dr. Hobbs has immense experience in the specialties of vitamins, holistic health medicine, natural products, organic, wellness and diet/weight loss and has worked closely with clients to help them achieve optimal health. Following a “whole, simple and nutritious” diet approach, Dr. Hobbs actively motivates clients to participate in personally designed health plans while educating clients on the immense benefits of a clean diet outlook. Hobbs has authored 25 books, including Herbal Remedies for Dummies and Women’s Herbs, Women’s Health. He shares his knowledge of herbal medicine with consumers and educators all over the world through lectures, and utilized his expertise in this field to found the Institute for Natural Products Research. He also serves as a consultant to the herb industry.