The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
When we decided to adopt a dog, I didn’t give much thought to dog hair. As a kid growing up with had yorkie poo’s (yorkie and poodle mix) and believe it or not they just didn’t shed. You could wear black from head to toe and roll around on my floor or couch and most likely not get a speck on you (I guess that’s also thanks to my Mom’s superior housekeeping skills). But I never thought about how a dog could literally turn your normal day-to-day routines upside down!
When I was searching online for a dog to adopt I had to keep in mind that I needed a dog that could
survive my kids be good with kids, be big enough for my husband’s ego (he hated ‘ankle biters’) and of course one that was cute! It wasn’t too long that I found Harry (aka Buddy). I guess the name should of given it away – but it literally never crossed my mind. But boy did I find out fast! Soon I couldn’t sit on my couch without getting hair all over me, and watch out if he decides to give you a hug! (He is quite a loving fella).
I of course started my research – yes, I could cut his hair short (which we do in the summer) but it was long for a reason. Being a mix between a Boxer and a German Shepard the dog was just going to shed.. and I had to get used to it. He went in his cage before I got dressed for work, I carry a lint roller in my purse, in my car, and one at the office (just in case). I yell at the kids not to sit on the floor if we plan on going anywhere, and I apologize profusely when friends come over and they get loved on by Buddy, or happen to sit on my couch.
So when I was presented with the opportunity to review the all new Dyson DC65 with TFT and dusting brush I literally jumped out of my chair. I just knew this was the answer I was looking for – and Dyson did not disappoint.
DC65 Animal is engineered for outstanding cleaning performance and ease of use. There’s also a Tangle-free Turbine tool to remove dirt and hair from carpets and upholstery. With its self-adjusting cleaner head and re-engineered brushbar, bristles dig deeper into carpets to remove more dust and dirt, while providing superior performance on hard floors. The DC65 has been built to achieve the highest suction at the cleaner head, twice the suction as any other vacuum.¹ The DC65 has remodeled cyclones and uses the latest Ball™ technology.
One of my most favorite parts is the Tangle-Free Turbine Tool –DC65 Animal comes with the Dyson Tangle-free Turbine tool, the only turbine tool that doesn’t tangle. It uses counter-rotating heads with brushes to remove hair and dirt from carpets and upholstery and releases it straight into the bin.
This vacuum is really is the Jack of All Trades. It can clean carpets and hardwood floors removing dust, dirt,pet hair (and sometimes little children’s messes) from the home. It includes a cleaning wand and accessories to tackle hard to reach jobs like the dust bunnies that collect near the ceiling. Other common vacuums rely on bags to trap all the dirt, which clogs and causes suction to drop, but the 180AW of suction makes sure you get every last bit of dust hanging around! The new Radial Root Cyclone™ airflow is also designed to help remove more dirt, dust, and allergens from the home.
Besides the awesome technology and the suction (seriously, I was sweeping behind a desk, and it literally sucked up one of my daughter’s socks! I mean all the way through the extension into the vacuum! Now that’s a some powerful suction!) There are some other great features of the Dyson DC65
- 13-1/2″ cleaning path width – I have 4 levels in my house that need vacuumed on a daily basis. With the wider cleaning path I can get more done in less time – making this chore a lot easier (and even enjoyable) then before. The edge reaching capability makes it easier to get around furniture and corners, so I don’t have to pull the wand out as often.
- Bagless – Not only is it a time saver, but it’s a money saver as well. Instead of purchasing expensive sweeper bags (or even having to order them online because they don’t carry them in stores) all I have to do is press a button to remove it from the base and go empty it into the garbage, and it’s as easy as a click to snap it back on again and keep sweeping!
- 35 foot cord – With my old vacuum I had to continuously unplug and maneuver my way across the room to get it to reach. With the extended cord I can actually vacuum an entire room without having to unplug. Seriously this alone has cut my vacuum time in half!
- 180 AW Suction – Though I’ve already mentioned it, it’s worth mentioning again. When I first turned the Dyson DC65 on, I swear it pulled me, I didn’t push it! The suction was almost strong enough to vacuum by itself (hint, hint Dyson). Even though I had just vacuumed with my old sweeper, there was a noticeable difference between where I had used the Dyson DC65 and hadn’t. Even my kids noticed!
Are you ready to own your first Dyson?
Right now, you can purchase three different models at Best Buy and BestBuy.com:
- $499 (for Multi-Floor, Platinum color)
- $599 (for Animal, Purple color): comes w/ TFT and dusting brush
- $649 (for Animal Complete, Fucshia color): comes with extra tools and Zorb (plus TFT and dusting brush)