When I was a kid I didn’t think I would ever be able to get poison ivy – I had picked up poison ivy sticks (never got it) grabbed the leaves (never got it). . but fast forward a few years (OK a lot of years) and I was mowing my grass pushing my body into some bushes to make sure I got it all – well, lets just say that luck wore off. I had it from my face to my feet. I wouldn’t wish the itch and embarrassment of poison ivy on anyone!
If you are unlucky enough to be a poison ivy magnet, you have to give this poison ivy paste a try!
Poison Ivy Paste
* This will keep covered in a jar for about 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
*(remember these ingredients can be used for a lot of different things – and the bottles of oils can last a long time since you are only using a few drops!)
- ¼ cup of Bentonite clay
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6-10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oils
- 3-5 drops of Lavender Essential Oils
- 5 drops Colloidal Silver
- 2 tbsp. Aloe Vera Cream (Optional)
- In a small bowl add clay and apple cider vinegar, it will fizz just let stand until mixture is stable.
- Add Peppermint Lavender and colloidal silver to the clay mix and slowly stir until fully combined.
- You can use this mix just as it is this way however for more of a creamy consistency organic Aloe Vera cream can be added to further calm the infection.
Why this works: The Clay mixture pulls the poison ivy oils from the pores thereby drying up the infection very quickly. Adding the apple cider vinegar and colloidal silver prevents infection. The Peppermint oil acts as a pain reliever and the lavender calms and soothes the skin thereby relieving the itch.
*print your labels here