This post has been sponsored by the National Restaurant Association and Triberr. All opinions are my own.
Last Friday I talked about the awesome event in Chicago hosted by the National Restaurant Association where#KidsLiveWell was hosting a recipe challenge. Remember Kids Live Well is part of the National Restaurant Association’s initiative showcasing restaurant industry’s commitment to offer healthful options for kids. There are more than 145 brands representing 42,000 restaurant locations nationwide that participate in the program! If you haven’t already, make sure to check out HealthyDiningFinder.com and download the free smartphone app for a list of all Kids Live Well restaurants and menu items.
In case you missed who all the winners were:
- Bean Sprouts Cafe and Cooking School – They created the DoReForMe Sandwich with organic multi grain oat bread spread with sunflower butter and organic strawberry jam, served with a skewer of grapes and water in fun shaped pieces to represent piano pieces.
- O’Charley’s – Their Cloudy with a Chance of Spaghetti and Meatball Pizaa has grilled sirloin meatballs and spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and whole wheat pizza dough served with apple juice.
- Sysco Hampton Roads – The Kids Quesa WOW Dilla is a chicken quesadilla with broccoli, chicken, peppers, and corn, served with a side of grapes and water.
- UW Health – The Swimming Taco is served with fresh grapes on the side and a frozen banana avocado smoothie.
UW Health shared one of the winning recipes with us, and I wanted to share with you. I can’t wait to try it myself!
1 piece of Tilapia (6 to 8 oz)
3 ounces of shredded cabbage
1 mango (Peeled and diced)
3 lime wedges
3 tsp chopped cilantro
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook the fish for 4 minutes undisturbed, then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place fish on cutting board and cut into three equal pieces. Set aside.
- Place three corn and whole-wheat tortillas on a plate and sandwich them between two slightly dampened sheets of paper towel. Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Place the warm tortillas on a plate and place a piece of each fish on the tortilla.
- Top with 1oz of shredded cabbage on each piece of fish, top with mango, cilantro and squeeze of fresh lime.
So, the next time you are going out with your family, make sure you visit a restaurant that offers your whole family healthy options! Thanks to the Kids LiveWell program, it is very easy to find one at HealthyDiningFinder.com.