One of our favorite holiday side dishes is mashed potatoes. As much as I love them, it’s one thing I have always kind of dreaded making because it takes too long. At least it did until I started using the Instant Pot! It makes making mashed potatoes easier than you would ever realize! Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are now my favorite!
- 6 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 Cups broth
- ¼ Cup butter
- ⅓ Cup sour cream
- ¼ Cup milk
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp onion powder
- ¼ Tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in the Instant Pot and cover with the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and vent and set on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Manually release steam and open the valve and lid. Drain the potatoes, discarding the stock and keeping the potatoes in the Instant Pot.
- Add the rest on the ingredients and mash until everything is combined and the mashed potatoes are creamy, viola! Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes!
- You can double or triple this recipe so it’s a great recipe to feed a large family.
- You can substitute the butter for ghee and the sour cream for Greek yogurt for a healthier alternative.
- You can also use vegan butter, yogurt and almond milk for a vegan twist.