This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of K12, the leader in online education for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
A new, innovative one-year program for children ages 3 through 5, EmbarK¹² combines engaging interactive online lessons with hands-on learning materials, activities, and high-quality children’s literature.
A Proven Program
Already successfully used by national childcare and education provider KinderCare Learning Centers, EmbarK¹² offers more than 1,200 fun, flexible learning experiences that engage young minds through interactive multimedia and online and offline activities.
Aligned to Standards / Research-Based
The EmbarK¹² program is aligned with Common Core and essential concepts of the National Association for the Education of Young Children and Core Knowledge Foundation, as well as national and state standards (where available).
The program was developed based on research from the National Research Council, American Psychological Association, National Reading Panel, National Math Panel, and American Educational Research Association.
How It Works
Young children delight in the world around them. They want to explore that world, express themselves, and connect with others. At the same time, they easily embrace exciting 21st-century technology. To meet children where they are, the building blocks of EmbarK¹² combine engaging interactive online lessons with hands-on learning materials, activities, and high-quality children’s literature.
Kindergarten readiness programs by K12. Try a sample activity today.
- The curriculum includes 18 themes relevant to young children, such as "Family and Friends," "My Five Senses," and "Looking at Animals."
- In each theme, the instructor and students will explore six subjects: language arts, math, science, social studies, art, and music.
- Each subject comes alive through hundreds of online and offline activities.
The program is flexible, so the instructors can decide which themes, subjects, and activities they would like to delve into, or they can follow the curriculum sequentially. See our course outline.
- Unique EmbarK¹² flash cards that complement lessons provide visual cues for letters, words, numbers, shapes, colors, and more, as well as American Sign Language hand signs.
- Well-known children's books, such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and The Little Engine That Could, help reinforce the concepts in each theme.
- Manipulatives help develop dexterity and strength in small hands and encourage kinesthetic learning.
EmbarK12 Online – Over 830 interactive activities to engage your preschooler.
“We use Aventa for transfer students, scheduling conflicts, or to get military or government families up to speed after they arrive. It keeps them on pace with their academic career.”
Dir. of Instructional Technology and Professional Learning
Spotsylvania County Public Schools, Virginia
EmbarK12 Comprehensive- Online and hands-on preschool program for your early learner.