This is a simple yet delicious salad that is PERFECT for the summer. With this heat I haven’t really been wanting to eat much more than some cold fruit, but this Caprese spinach salad is delicious (and oh so healthy).
Recipe for Caprese Spinach Salad
Makes: 1 salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Roma tomato
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella (ball or log)
- 2 leaves basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar (or similar)
- Slice the Roma tomato,mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves.
- In a bowl or plate of choice add fresh spinach.
- Then alternate the tomatoes and mozzarella slices on top
- Place the sliced basil over the tomatoes and cheese.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the tomato, cheese, basil.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (or dressing of choice).