This post is sponsored by Savings.com
It’s one of my favorite times of year – fall! Fall clothes are my favorite to shop for, new jeans, boots, and of course a closet full of gorgeous sweaters!
You know I love a good deal, so when I heard about Macys sweater deals starting at $29.99, I started shopping! What I love about sweaters is they can be so versatile – you can wear them to work, out for a evening dinner, or running around on the weekends doing errands.
I found this INC raglan sleeve sweater (that not only comes in wine, but my also of course my favorite color to wear – black) that I had to get, it’s priced at just $44.99 (and has a lot of great reviews!)
Now for fall I LOVE a long cardigan to wear with leggings and a tee. I keep plenty on hand because it can dress up your work out outfit in seconds. This INC striped sweater is super cute – and even though I normally go for a gray or black long sweater, I thought this color combo was super cute.
And guess what? Kids sweaters are on sale too – and I’m a sucker an adorable baby or kids sweater. My favorite right now is this super cute Polo Ralph Lauren sweater – with a cute pair of khaki’s and some duck boots, this would be an adorable outfit for my niece (shh don’t tell – it may be a birthday gift!)
Of course if you are feeling nice and want to grab a few new sweaters for your husband or boyfriend, there’s some great sales going on for them too!
Sale is 9/6 – 9/7- so get to shopping! And don’t forget you can sign up for a Macys Credit Card for additional savings!
Most asylum seekers have nowhere to go. Lots of them are banished from their countries without having any other option in life. This is why asylum interviews are so important as something that can completely change their luck.
But not everyone will be granted asylum. There are lots of legal hoops and issues you will have to address along the way and each one of them may present a big obstacle. During any point of the interview (or after that) you might get rejected so every word you say carries a certain weight.
In this article, we will point out some of the most important things you need to know and obstacles that might await you during the process. Read on!
- How much does a case last?
On average, asylum case processing time is around 721 days. This is an incredibly long period and you will have to be very patient during it. The most important thing that a seeker should keep in mind is not to think about the process at all, eliminate it from memory and continue living your life as if nothing has happened. Otherwise, you will have to deal with lots of stress until you find out whether or not you received an asylum.
- What is the biggest mistake I can make?
Probably lying. There is nothing worse than lying to officers as they will not only take this as a negative sign, but they might also decide that you’re not trustworthy and they might decline all other documents you have provided so far. Loss of trust cannot be repaired so be careful as to what you’re doing. If you’re uncertain regarding a situation, it is much better to answer with “I don’t know” or to explain as much as you know that to claim something that isn’t true.
One of the most common mistakes is not filling the forms properly. Like any other governmental application or form, it is really important that you provide as much info as possible. Some of these things are mandatory and you cannot proceed without them. Given how many people get rejected for asylum, it would be best not to test your luck but instead give as many information as possible. This would also help your case, making it more transparent. It might also hasten the whole process.
It is very important to have an asylum lawyer who will represent you throughout. Even though these initial tips that we provided are awesome, it is much better to rely on a person with experience; someone who knows asylum officers and can give you the best tip possible depending on a situation. Price is usually the best way to tell if someone is good or not. Still, it doesn’t have to be a determining factor. You can also consult with your friends and family and ask them for their own lawyer. This is usually the easiest and least risky option.
Puppy Chow is one of the yummiest snacks ever (the homemade is definitely much better than the store bought in my opinion). You can pretty much make puppy chow to go with any season or holiday -but fall puppy chow is my favorite!
-2 Cups Chex Cereal
-1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
-1/2 cup Peanut Butter
-1 Tblspoon Butter
-1-1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
-Put your 2 cups of Chex Cereal in a gallon size ziploc bag
-In a microwave safe bowl, mix together you chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter and melt in microwave in 15 second intervals until smooth and creamy
-Pour the mixture over your chex cereal and seal bag and shake to cover the cereal completely
-Open the bag up and slowly add in your powdered sugar, shaking as you go to completely cover the cereal
-Finally mix in the Reese’s Pieces
-Pour your puppy chow out onto wax paper and allow to cool completely
I look at Fall like I do the New Year; a time to start over, begin again and to make a change. With kid’s going back to school as a Mom I feel like I deserve a fresh start, just like they get starting a new school year. So what better time is it to get back on the wagon and start your resolutions fresh? This is a perfect time to get yourself ready for the hustle and bustle and tons of temptations coming with the holiday seasons. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be as stuffed as the turkey this Thanksgiving.
- Set Goals Set short simple goals, such as exercising for 20 minutes as soon as you wake up each day. It makes achieving your goals realistic and allows you to progress to other longer term goals.
- Find Your Motivation Grab a bulletin board, or go online and use Pinterest, and start a list of your goals, photos during the process, inspirational sayings and quotes, updates with how your doing and even things you want to try (want to do a 5k, or more? Print or Pin them to remind you what you are working towards). Place your motivation somewhere you’ll see them often – like your bathroom mirror or your office at work — so it will remind you how far you’ve gotten, and where you want to go.
- Adopt the 3 “C’s” Commitment, Convenience and Consistency: Work this into your lifestyle to help you with your goals.
- Make It Fun Mix up your workout by trying out new activities like dancing, yoga, a spin class, Pilates, or kickboxing.
- Plan Ahead Plan your workouts for the week ahead of time, and also plan your meals so you’re not in a rush to find something to eat (we all know that leads to unhealthy food choices – like fast food, or something processed)
- Stock Up on Healthy Food Keep your pantry stocked with unprocessed, whole foods that are quick and easy to munch on. Cut-up veggies, lean meats, olive oil, coconut oil and nuts are some examples. Buy in bulk so you have enough to make it until your next shopping trip.
- Schedule Your Workouts Put your workout sessions into your calendar like you would a meeting or an important appointment, and don’t allow yourself to skip out! You can also fit other activities in your day by walking, standing, climbing stairs and stretching (especially if you sit all day like I do) whenever you get the chance. You just have to place a HIGH PRIORITY on it like you would going to work, taking a shower, or eating a meal. Just get ‘er done!
- Grab a Friend Get a friend on board who has similar fitness goals to help boost your motivation and keep you accountable. Plus, it can be fun to go on a bike ride, take a walk or run with a friend to keep your mind busy especially when you want to quit.
- Get Outdoors Take a walk outside, take a hike at your local park or ride your bike. A change of scenery can help keep you from being bored with working out, which can lead to not doing anything at all! There are lots of things you can do with friends, family, or even by yourself.
- Change It Up Add variety to your workout. Getting on the treadmill or exercise bike day in and day out can cause boredom and fatigue quickly. Try some weights, take a class, and keep things interesting.
- Moderation Is Key It’s OK to indulge once in a while with food; but be careful. You don’t want to veer too far of course and then binge because you feel guilty (raise your hand if you’ve been there?!) Simply make better choices at your next meal or try the 80:20 rule (eating right 80 percent of the time and being more lenient for the other 20).
- No Gym? No Problem Many of the best exercises can be done anywhere! Think of what they torturned us with, I mean, taught us in gym class: jumping jacks, push ups, squats, crunches and mountain climbers, etc. Not to mention the availability of Workout DVD’s and apps for your phone. (as I mentioned in my post Why You Don’t Need a Gym Membership
- Gear Up Nobody feels like conquering the world in some old baggy sweats and a t-shirt with a stain or a hole in it! Grab up some great work-out gear like some new yoga pants, running shorts or shoes. Looking good makes you feel good and will motivate you to exercise more, and harder. I found some great deals on some workout gear, including some really cute plus size work out gear (That is good for the gym or running errands!)
- Stay Hydrated Water is essential for healthy metabolism and for detoxification. Don’t like water alone? Try adding sliced cucumbers, lemons and limes to your water for added flavor and great benefits, like help with indigestion, heartburn, headaches, and preventing water weight gain.
- Get Enough Sleep Lack of sleep is linked to weight gain, low energy and fatigue. Without enough sleep, you’ll have a harder time sticking to your diet and your exercise plan (and you’ll probably be a bit grumpy to top it off, and we don’t want that)
- Track Your Progress Write down your daily workouts (how long you exercised, how much you lifted) so you can track your progress. There are many useful apps so you can keep track online or on your phone.
- Take Time for Recovery Overdoing exercise is counterproductive and can actually damage your muscle tissue and cause injuries. Give yourself recovery time between workouts and be sure to alternate muscle groups or body parts in your exercise sessions.
Most of all? Have fun. Enjoying what you do is what makes you successful and happy. Find a workout or exercise program that you love and give it all you got! You will see results!