Trying to lose weight? Keep your pantry FREE of bad, unhealthy foods.
Wanting to quit smoking? Stay away from other smokers, keep a pack of gum in your pocket to keep your mouth busy.
Wanting to spend more quality time with your family? Know that the work, the chores, the dishes will always be there – your family might not. Schedule the time to take with your spouse, kids/parents, and just do it! Wanting an organized clean home? Start in one room and make your way to the rest. Make a schedule and stick to it. I’ve made a list of NEW ME Resolutions for the New Year because it’s a great time to start with a clean slate. Though I know it won’t be easy, and there will be days that I fail completely, I am going to give it 100% this year and make 2014 MY year. My NEW ME Resolutions for 2014
- Getting ‘fit’ – I’m not talking weight. The scale has never been my friend, even when I was ‘thin’. I will only weigh myself quarterly, but I will go by how I feel, my energy level, and how my clothes fit. Watching the scale on a daily, or even a weekly basis has proved to be more of a con then a pro for me. I get discouraged easily, so I won’t allow the scale to control me any longer.
- Taking time for ME – This kind of goes with my next MElution, but I tend to be a giver. I give give and give until there is nothing left for ME. Being a giver can be a great thing, but not taking time for yourself will not only exhaust you, but make you a bit bitter as well. I resolve to take ‘me’ time at least once a day to do what make me a better person/mom/wife.
- Quality vs Quantity time with my kids – I have always felt that every moment that I’m not at work I should be with my kids. But when I don’t take time for me, this Mama tends to get a little grumpy (little probably being an understatement). Spending time with them is more then sitting on the couch watching T.V. together, or half listening to my daughter go on about her day while I’m trying to blog or clean. Taking a half hour to really listen, or play a game, or have dinner vs an hour doing it half way, is part of my resolution as well.
- Become Organized – I’m fortunate enough to know a professional Organizer Lisa from Organize365 who started a great Facebook page for crazy fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants people like me! I know being organized will actually help me accomplish my other goals, and she has some great tips and advice that I’ll be using this year in getting not only my house, but my life organized so I can be the best me!
- Blog about what I love: I get a lot of opportunities as a blogger to bring you new products, events and that sort of thing. But I want to stay true to the reason why I started this blog, and provide you with Fitness Friday and Motivational Monday post more consistently then I did in 2013.
- Volunteer – This is something I’ve felt that has been on my heart for a long time, but with my crazy life I’ve never felt like I could fit it in. I’d like to volunteer at church to help when needed, and even in the community. I want to teach my kids that it truly is better to give then receive!