It seems like as each year goes by, the next year becomes even more stressful. In fact, 1 in 5 people claim to experience extreme stress*. It’s no wonder that more and more people are becoming prone to the effects of stress in their lives. Did you know that there’s been a 60% increase in productivity in the past twenty years for the same wages*?! We are working harder just to keep up with the same way of life!
Stress is the basic cause of 60% of all human illness and disease* – which is no surprise since it increases the risk of heart disease, risk of heart attacks, and strokes.
So since we are trying to live a more healthy lifestyle, I’m doing my best to eliminate (or at least try to the best I can) the stress out of my life. So I’ve came up with the top 5 tips that have helped me eliminate some of the stress in my life – and help me be more relaxed, sleep better, and over all just be a bit happier.
1. Exercise I know you’ve heard it a million times, but it really does work. Physical exercise, even something as simple as taking a 15 minute walk has been proven to greatly reduce stress levels. I can attest to this! Pent up emotions or brain overload can be cleared by breaking a sweat! So seriously, when you are mad, sad, or just overwhelmed, take to the treadmill, bike, yoga, Pilates, or just go for a run. It’s amazing what it can do for you.
2. Don’t try to Do it All. I am as guilty as everyone else when it comes to this – I try to take on too much. I want to do it all, be it all! But guess what? Not only is that completely impossible, but it’s just not good for you. It doesn’t give you time to take care of the one who takes care of everyone else – you!
3. Take Time for YOU. This may be one of the hardest of the 5. As a Mom I know that everyone elses needs, wants and desires are numero uno on the list, and I come in way, way at the bottom. But learning to say no, relax, take time to for you is important for your overall health, and stress levels. Take a long bath, read a book for pleasure, binge on some Netflix, or take a nap. You’ll be surprised how much better you’ll feel.
4. Get Organized. This is so simple, I’m almost embarrassed to admit this was one thing that really stressed me out. From laundry to planning meals, and having everyones clothes picked out and lunches packed – these simple steps can keep the stress down. I know that me being organized even helps my kids stress level – because I’m not yelling at them to hurry, do this or do that, when we are in a time crunch. Being organized and prepared can literally be a life saver.
5. Get a GOOD Nights Sleep. I know you think of this as something you can’t control – some nights you go to bed and sleep well, other nights your up tossing and turning am I right? And if you are anything like me you don’t want to take prescription drugs just to try to sleep. Not only are they not the best for you, full of chemicals and such, but they sometimes leave you feeling drowsy, and drugged the next morning. That’s why I love RESCUE products. RESCUE products are natural/homeopathic products developed by a Doctor that helps you stress less, stay calm and in control. They are gentle and safe, non-habit forming aides, that have no side effects. RESCUE products come in a variety of forms Pastilles, Pearls and Sleep Liquid Melts.
RESCUE stress relief products are available now in the US at CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts and wherever you find natural products.
Go get your valuable BOGO coupon, enter the #StressLess sweepstakes here .
You could win a Bose® QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones, or
a GoPro® HERO3+ Silver camera!!
How do you manage to keep your stress at bay?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.