Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
Total: 65 minutes
- 2 Large Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1 5oz. Pkg. Gluten-Free Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice (Garlic & Herb)
- ½ Cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Bag of Organic Woodstock Shitake Mushrooms
- ½ Bag of Organic Cascadian Farm Broccoli Florets
- 1/3 Organic Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tbsp. Organic Lime
- 1 Organic Chopped Garlic Clove (optional)
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
- ¼ Stick Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter
- Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.)
- Boil 1 ¾ cups water. Add contents of quinoa & brown rice packet. Stir well. Turn heat to low and cover. Simmer 14-15 minutes. Make sure liquid is absorbed, but do not overcook. Remove from heat, stir and let stand.
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Chop onion and garlic clove.
- In same large pan chicken was cooked in, sauté frozen shitake mushrooms and frozen broccoli florets with butter. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Continue to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are half their original size.
- Add chicken, quinoa, and shredded Parmesan cheese to pan. Stir. Add onion powder, garlic powder, lime and salt and pepper to taste. Stir again. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Looks really good! I started having quinoa and I am loving it!
Oh wow that looks delicious! I love a good chicken salad.
That looks really good!
Sounds and looks delicious thanks for the recipe.
sounds delicous yum
I don’t think I’d like this one. But I’m always willing to try. I’ll let you know if I ever make it.
I’m too picky an eater to eat anything healthy and I hate it but gag easily when trying new foods so just don’t do it anymore. I am going to pin because my kids and grandkids would like this.
This looks and sounds amazing!!! I am definitely going to try this! Although my 9 yr old doesn’t really like quinoa but she eats it if I make her haha.
this is making me soooo hungry!
II have made almost an identical version of this recipe, using wild rice instead with fantastic results!
That looks really tasty!
Thanks for this recipe, it looks so delicious & nutritious! I’m going to try and find the Gluten-Free Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice (Garlic & Herb) that you used, and I’ll be making this Chicken & Quinoa Salad with Mushrooms & Broccoli real soon 🙂
We all love Quinoa in this house so I will be saving this recipe. thanks for sharing!
This sounds very good and looks good. I just pinned this so I can try it!
That looks wonderful. Love mushrooms.
Looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe. Now I am getting hungry.