So I wouldn’t call myself a cook by any means – I usually get recipes from my Mom, a few I have perfected actually, and just cook them over and over and over again.
OR if I get creative (and have a bit of extra money to get all the stuff I need) I will hit up Pinterest and claim victory over anything ‘new’ that my husband and kids like that I’ve never made before.
But this one, I kinda’ came up with on my own. I’m only saying ‘kinda’ because there is probably a recipe out there somewhere very much like this one, and they are going to claim I stole it. Which I didn’t, so I’m just putting this out there.
Anyway, trying to come up with yummy, healthy and QUICK stuff to eat is a challenge. Especially on a budget. SOO I can tell you this one is fairly cheap since I do make it quite often. The kids love it, and when I add hamburger my husband loves it (he’s not much of a chicken fan) so here’s my Mexi Chicken recipe.
You will need:
Pre heat oven to 375
4-5 chicken breast (or a bag of frozen chicken, thawed)
1 can of black beans
1 can of pinto beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes with chilis
1 package of taco seasoning
This is my favorite part, it’s SOO EASY
1. Rinse your chicken and place in cooking dish (I use a glass pan, but metal works just as well)
2. Open & rinse your black and pinto beans and add those to the pan as well
3. Open and DRAIN diced tomatos
4. Add your package of taco seasoning (you may use 2 if you like a bit more spice) along with 1/2 cup of water
5. Mix all ingredients together
6. Cover with foil and cook for 45 -55 min
7. about 5-10 minutes before it’s finished baking, add cheese if wanted
(I have also cooked up taco meat and added it before for my husband , so it can bakes along with the beans,etc) Both ways are DELISH!