- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 oz. sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 head Bibb, Romaine or iceberg lettuce
Cook ground chicken in microwave or stove until chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Drain off liquid and transfer mixture to slow cooker. Crumble chicken and stir in bell pepper, onion, garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Stir in water chestnuts, rice and scallions. Let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with lettuce leaves Enjoy!