Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
Total: 65 minutes
- 2 Large Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1 5oz. Pkg. Gluten-Free Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice (Garlic & Herb)
- ½ Cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Bag of Organic Woodstock Shitake Mushrooms
- ½ Bag of Organic Cascadian Farm Broccoli Florets
- 1/3 Organic Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tbsp. Organic Lime
- 1 Organic Chopped Garlic Clove (optional)
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
- ¼ Stick Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter
- Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.)
- Boil 1 ¾ cups water. Add contents of quinoa & brown rice packet. Stir well. Turn heat to low and cover. Simmer 14-15 minutes. Make sure liquid is absorbed, but do not overcook. Remove from heat, stir and let stand.
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Chop onion and garlic clove.
- In same large pan chicken was cooked in, sauté frozen shitake mushrooms and frozen broccoli florets with butter. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Continue to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are half their original size.
- Add chicken, quinoa, and shredded Parmesan cheese to pan. Stir. Add onion powder, garlic powder, lime and salt and pepper to taste. Stir again. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.